Tia M. Hutabarat
Tia graduated from University of Indonesia, Faculty of Law in 2010, taking International and Economics as her major. She joined HHR Lawyers in 2014 after working in another reputable law firm in Indonesia. She was appointed as an Associate of HHR Lawyers since 2015.
She is participating and acting in several practice group and projects within the firm in relation to: (i) Corporate and Investment, (ii) Commercial Dispute Resolution, (iii) Energy and Natural Resources, and (iv) Real Property.
- In Corporate and Investment works, she has involved in various corporate and investment works, e.g.: (i) setting up companies (domestic as well as foreign investment company), (ii) legal due diligence works, and (iii) corporate general matters, on:
- One of the largest conglomerate groups of companies in Indonesia, in relation to: (i) several share deals and assets deals of Indonesian plantation companies, and (ii) legal due diligence projects.
- A foreign joint venture company engaging in the manufacturing and distribution of electricity meters (which is one of the largest electricity meter supplier to the State Electricity Company), water meter (being one of the largest water meter supplier to the State Drinking Water Company), gas meter and other metering system.
- A Japanese company engaging in banking and financing services in relation to general corporate matters in its Indonesian company.
- A distributor company of make-up, skin care, and fragrance in relation to general corporate matters.
- An exclusive dive resort and conservation center in a remote Southern Raja Ampat, in relation to general corporate matters.
- In Commercial Dispute Resolution works, she has involved herself for:
- A Singapore branch of a banking group, in relations to Postponement of Debt Settlement Obligation dispute.
- A Korean department store, in relations to civil lawsuit towards its tenants.
- One of the largest law firms, in relations to a service court in Singapore Court against a local company.
- One of the largest shipping companies in Singapore, in relation to a court case in Batam, Riau, Indonesia.
- A Malaysian palm oil plantation company, in relation to Postponement of Debt Settlement Obligation dispute.
- A supplier of manufacturer industries, in relation to a criminal proceeding.
- In Real Estate works, she has involved in the corporate matters for:
- A local business supplies and equipment company, in relation with Land Acquisition.
- A Bali resort company, in relation with restructuring with its villas and resort homes.
- In Energy and Natural Resources works, she has involved for the world's leading supplier of technology in relation to a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) Environmental Claims.
Member of the Indonesian Advocate Association (PERADI), in which she has licensed to practice general law and litigation in Indonesia as an advocate;
Since June 2015 Tia is an active volunteer in Yayasan Onkologi Anak Indonesia (YOAI), an Indonesian foundation who aims at assisting government efforts in the health development of children, especially the eradication of cancer for the children of Indonesia.