Yuris A. Hakim
Yuris graduated from University of Trisakti, Faculty of Law, Indonesia, with Cum Laude predicate. Prior to joining HHR Lawyers in 2012, he had joined in one of the biggest finance company in Indonesia as a Corporate Legal Staff. He was appointed as a Senior Associate of HHR Lawyers since 2017. He has developed an extensive practice in commercial dispute and commercial business transaction. He is the Team Leader who is fully in charge and lead the commercial dispute practice group in HHR Lawyers.
His particular experience in structuring legal frameworks and providing legal opinion within the areas of practice mentioned above has led him to handle various types of complex domestic as well as international litigation and arbitration proceedings.
- In Commercial Dispute Resolutions works, he has represented numerous
multinational and Indonesian companies in criminal proceedings, civil court litigations,
administrative court litigation, labor court litigation and court-sanctioned debt
restructuring processes (PKPU), with the brief explanation on sample of cases below:
- Acting as legal counsel for, one of the biggest cigarette manufacturer in Indonesia, concerning legal disputes matters in connection with the (i) fraud investigation (ii) product liability (iii) assets purchase and (iv) land acquisition.
- Acting as legal counsel for a local company that handles distributions of many international brands, in connection with the defensive strategies against international brands company in front of the Indonesian civil Courts and Indonesian Administrative Court.
- Acting for Indonesian subsidiary companies of the world's leading supplier of technology, mainly in relation to land disputes and labor matters in Indonesia.
- Acting for one of Asia's largest and diversified conglomerates, in connection with the legal disputes in relation to (i) civil proceedings in front of the Indonesian courts; and (ii) Indonesian criminal proceedings.
- Acting for a local real estate company, in connection with commercial disputes cases, e.g. (i) land disputes; and (ii) criminal proceeding.
- Acting for one of Asia's largest and diversified conglomerates, in relation to (i) civil proceeding in front of the Indonesian courts; and (ii) Indonesian criminal proceedings in connection with the shareholders dispute.
- Acting for one of the world's leading independent international ship managers, in relation to labor dispute in front of Indonesian Labor Court.
- Acting for a foreign joint venture company engaging in the manufacturing and distribution of metering systems, in connection with the criminal proceeding and debt collection.
- Acting for one of Malaysia's leading beverage company, in relation to employment matters in connection with the acquisition of Indonesian company.
- Acting for a business supplies and equipment company based in Jakarta, for a land dispute in Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia.
- Acting for a supplier of manufacturer industries, in connection with the criminal proceeding.
- Acting for a local steel manufacturer, in connection with the investigation and criminal proceeding.
- Acting for a Malaysian palm oil plantation company, in relation to the court-sanctioned debt restructuring processes (PKPU) submitted by Malaysian company.
- Acting for a Korean department store, in relations to civil lawsuit towards its tenants.
- Acting for one of the biggest shipping companies in Singapore, in relation to a court case in Batam, Riau, Indonesia.
- In Capital Market and Securities works, Yuris has been involved in various legal due diligence projects e.g.:
- Involving in due diligence of a local automotive distributor, in connection with issuance of bond transaction through Indonesian stock exchange in July 2012, with the total face value of bond Rp. 700 billion Rupiah.
- Involving in due diligence of an energy and mining listed company in Indonesia, in connection with the proposed international offering and rights issue with the proposed size of the total proceed of approximately Rp. 3 – 5 trillion (on-going process and confidential).
- As one of the contributors to the Indonesian Chapter on "Arbitration", published by Getting the Deal Through, Law Business Research Ltd, 2018.
- As one of the contributors to the Indonesian Chapter on "Enforcement of Foreign Judgement", Getting The Deal Through, 2017.
Member of the Indonesian Advocate Association (PERADI), in which he has licensed to practice general law and litigation in Indonesia as an advocate.